CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

spooky cookies

The boys and I were very excited to try out my new cookie stamps and make some Halloween cookies. I had picked up these stamps at a little boutique in St. Armands Circle when we went to Florida last September. I had high hopes of making some cute cookies last year, but we were busy moving and it just never happened. So I have been waiting a whole year to try these babies out. The set came with 4 cookie stamps; a pumpkin, spiderweb, a cat and bats.

We made 2 batches of dough. This is the "anilla" (as Dax calls it) that we made into the pumpkins and the spiderwebs.

099 re

We did the cats and bats out of the chocolate.

128 re

130 re

It was really fun for my helpers. Just roll the dough into a ball and then press it flat with the stamp.

115 bw re

111 bw re

121bw re

The chocolate tasted better, but the designs showed up better on the lighter dough.

139 re

134 re

The official cookie tester thought both were delicious:)

136 bw re

2 comments:

Denisha said...

I love these cookies...and I love how you always post your kids eating what you make. So adorable! Great pics by the way :)

Stephanie said...

Oooh I LOVE this! Cookie stamps, what a great idea! Less fuss than cutters. What recipe did you use for the cookie doughs??

MISS YOU!!!!!!