CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

a super birthday celebration

We had a fun time celebrating Dax's 3rd birthday. Dax picked his theme and we ran with it:)He also chose the menu of cheeseburgers, pineapple and strawberries and Cheetos. Mommy threw a few extra items of her own in there too:) Steve's whole family from Cincinnati came to celebrate with us.

015 re

001 re

Dax wanted chocolate cake so I made and decorated a zucchini chocolate cake. I used this recipe . I believe this was the recipe that my mom used to make years ago and it is one of my all time favorites. It makes such a moist cake.

008 re

009 re

068 re

080 bw re

We all had a wonderful time!

On Sunday, his actual birthday we went to the pumpkin patch after Mass.
The boys were really wanting their pictures taken here....not!

137 re

The boys had a great time playing and running around.
228 re

296 re

350 re

After the pumpkin patch we had more presents more cake! Dax had a wonderful birthday and received so many nice things. Thanks all of you who helped make it special!!

3 comments:

Riah said...

Hey. This is Mariah. I really wish that I could have been there with you to celebrate Dax's birthday. He is so sweet, and growing SO big. I wish that I could have been there to make the chocolate zucchini cake. I made my mom an awesome one of those for her birthday. They are so moist and good. We topped it off with drizzling rich chocolate frosting. I bet the superman theme was awesome and he was very excited. I am so sorry once again that I could not have been there. Happy Halloween! What are the boys going to be? ~Cousin Mariah

Julie said...

What a great party, and we LOVED that Dax picked the menu. The Cheetos were the perfect touch :)

Stephanie said...

The Pumpkin Patch looks fun! My goodness that Superman cake is fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!